Soil Specialist – Various locations
Are you passionate about understanding soil and providing soil support and advice to growers and agronomists alike? ...
If you’d like to be part of this exciting area of sustainable farming, read on….
The Hutchinsons Healthy Soils team provide professional, practical advice to both growers and agronomists across a variety of areas – from soil to nutrition.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide technical support to agronomists on the delivery of soil services, including soil and plant analysis interpretation and Sustainable Farming Incentive Soil Standard guidance.
- Exploring and advising on best soil management practices, from cultivations and fuel use to fertiliser and rotational planning (whether that be arable, fresh produce or livestock-based systems).
- Deliver our soil services in an engaging manner (please see the healthy soils website for detail of our soil services), including soil management and nutrient management services to your client, frequently linking in with Omnia – our digital platform and TerraMap scanning service.
- Actively seeking feedback from internal and external stakeholders, contributing to the future growth and development of services and continually striving to improve.
- Spotting opportunities to proactively grow your client base and cross-sell Hutchinsons services.
- Enthuse, present and train colleagues and farmers alike – including both practical in field demonstrations through to lecture-based sessions.
- Actively develop a wider understanding of the broader farming systems – from soil health, cultivations, drilling influence (placement fertilisers, undersowing, companions etc.), agronomic inputs throughout the season and key timings for pest and diseases, soil and plant nutritional interactions, business risk management, influence of all actions on fuel and carbon, aims and limitations of the business.
We have capacity to take on both more experienced and less experienced people for this role, so if you have a keen interest, please do not hesitate to apply.
- Passionate about building great relationships with clients and providing the highest levels of service
- A strong interest in understanding the never-ending topic of soil
- A free thinker who is open to new ideas and ever changing concepts
- Willing to push themselves out of their comfort zone in terms of ideas and skills
- A background in agriculture and nutrient management advice
- An understanding of cultivation practices
- Strong IT skills
- FACTS qualified – desirable
- Full, clean UK driving licence and willingness to travel within the UK
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a business who have a proven track record of practical soil advice. Key to this role is that we are embracing new technologies, enabling our clients to take their soil data and turn it into practical and profitable farming.
You will become a well-recognised specialist in this area, having access to a brilliant team, constantly evolving technology and first-class training. You will be competitively remunerated and provided an environment to thrive. We are particularly keen to hear from candidates based in the East Midlands, East Anglia and Yorkshire.
For a confidential discussion, please call Kelly Earl on 07796 508490.
Alternatively, email your CV to Kelly.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this role
To apply for this role, please complete the below form.